|PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED Manual Focus Lens
|Part #: 2174
The Nikon PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED Manual Focus Lens corrects linear distortion in order to better replicate images assen by the human eye, including straightening the converging lines of rectilinear objects such as buildings, while also introducing welcome command over depth-of-field. Their versatility makes these the perfect lens complement for a myriad of applications, including photographing architecture, nature, interiors and still-life especially product photography.
When shooting subjects, such as tall buildings with a conventional lens, composition often calls for tilting the axis of a camera. This typically results in a significant distortion of converging lines, impacting the desired visual accuracy of the image. A PC-E NIKKOR lens' "shift" control provides correction for this type of distortion. "Shift" control can also give a photographer the ability to "effectively" move the apparent position of the camera providing further perspective versatility, allowing, for example, the ability to avoid unwanted reflections in an image.
A PC-E lens' "tilt" control gives photographers additional creative control over depth-of-field. Known as the Scheimpflug principal,tilt-shift lenses are capable of modifying the focal plane of the lens, allowing the extension or limitation of the point of critical sharpness in the image. The combination of "tilt" and "shift" controls featured in all PC-E NIKKOR lenses gives photographers extraordinary control over perspective control which simply is not possible with conventional lenses.
A special tilt/shift mechanism gives users up to +/- 11.5mm shift for perspective control and +/- 8.5-degree tilt control for creative focus. The Perspective Control lenses correct distortion and vanishing point issues with convenient side-mounted controls at 1mm / 1-degree intervals that will adjust the focal plane with shift and tilt adjustments. The lens optics rotate up to 90 degrees right or left for perspective control adjustment, while a click-stop is provided every 30 degrees. Photographers can confirm the effect of each adjustment accurately through their Nikon SLR viewfinder.
The PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED offers a combined standard-to-medium telephoto range coupled with dramatically expansive depth-of-field that is well suited for a variety of tasks and the exploration of new levels of creativity.
- Perspective Control (PC) lens featuring tilt, shift and rotation capability, perfect for architectural and nature photography.
- Wide shifting range, plus or minus 11.5mm, with a tilting range of plus or minus 8.5 degrees provides exceptional perspective control.
- Revolving capability of plus or minus 90-degrees in 30-degree increments for versatile tilt/shift shooting effects.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration.
- Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates internal reflections across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superior color performance and substantially reduced ghosting and flare.
- Auto-aperture control with electromagnetic diaphragm is possible with Nikon’s D3, D700 and D300 D-SLRs.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm for more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- 77mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- LF-1 Rear Lens Cap for F Mount Lenses
- HB-43Lens Hood
- CL-1120 Soft Lens Case
- 5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)