|LUMIX DMC-GX1 Digital Camera with 14-42mm G Vario Lens (Silver)
|Item #: S-015155
LUMIX G Micro System realizes high-quality photo images with real-to-life details through excellent resolution, image rendering and color reproduction. Taking full advantage of the 16.0-megapixel Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine, images to be shot in low-lit situations at max. 12800 high ISO sensitivity setting is stunningly clear with highly sharp resolution. Precision Contrast AF system of LUMIX G Micro System gains even higher speed realizing approx. 0.09 second of Light Speed AF. Consecutive shooting is also improved for 4.2 fps in 16.0-megapixel full resolution. The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX1 Digital Camera with 14-42mm G Vario Lens records 1920 x 1080 full-HD video with stereo sound in AVCHD format which is superior in both compression efficiency and friendliness with AV equipment for playback. Advanced AF system including practical full-time AF and tracking AF is available in video recording so that every photographer can enjoy high quality video recording with minimum ease.
As a camera from the new premium line of LUMIX G Micro System, the external design of the camera has been developed with no compromising on grip, dial, coating - everything to detail. The hot shoe on the top lets you attach the optional tilt-shift Live View Finder (DMW-LVF2) of approx. 1.4x (approx. 0.7x), 1,440,000-dot equivalent, 100% field of view. It is now compatible with UHS-I standard for the SDXC/SDHC Memory Card taking its advantage to extend performance.
- High Image Quality for an Interchangeable Lens System - Camera LUMIX G Micro System realizes high-quality photo images with real-to-life details through excellent resolution, image rendering and color reproduction; high-grade lens and precision AF achieves high resolution, optimal balance of resolution and noise reduction achieves lifelike image rendering and high precision auto exposure and white balance with live light metering results in the faithful color reproduction.
- Advanced AF System - All cameras of LUMIX G Micro System adopt Contrast AF for its focus system. The Phase-difference AF system is susceptible to mechanical margin of error. However, in Contrast AF system, focusing is controlled by the image sensor so that no mechanical margin of error occurs to achieve precise focusing. Compared with the Phase difference system AF, the Contrast AF boasts higher accuracy especially in shooting with bright lens with small F value. (e.g. the accuracy of Contrast AF is approx. 90% while Phase difference AF is approx. 60% at F1.4.)
- Easy Manual Control with a Variety of Shooting Assist Functions - Despite its outstanding compactness, the operation on DMC-GX1 is smooth and easy with optimum layout of control buttons and the mode dial, turn-and-press dial and dedicated function buttons. The function the user changes its setting can be assigned to the 2 external buttons and 2 menus in the software tab for direct reach. In addition, a total of 4 custom setting patterns can be memorized to the camera (1 on C1 for direct switch and 3 on C2).
- Finest Tuning in Every Part of the Camera - As a camera from the new premium GX line of LUMIX G Micro System, the external design of the camera has been developed with no compromising in every detail. The ergonomically designed grip fits the DMC-GX1's flat profile yet easy to hold. Its tactile feeling offers more comfort thanks to the casting material resin and elastomer. The mode dial is machined with finest tuning on its pitch of spin, form of plate and shininess. Characters are sharply printed by laser so that they are easy to see and they last long. The buttons on the back also have style in the coating, spin, stamp and color.
- 1920 x 1080 Full-HD High Quality Video Recording - LUMIX G Micro System is the camera that records not only high quality photo but also stunning video. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than the conventional Motion JPEG. A special, dedicated button on the top lets the user instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without any having to make any extra settings. Now the DMC-GX1 can record high-resolution full-HD videos 1920 x 1080 at 60i (NTSC) / 50i in AVCHD (Sensor output is 30p [NTSC])*. Image recording is more flexible fun with the DMC-GX1. In addition to the practical full-time AF, the Touch AF in video recording also lets users enjoy professional-like rack focusing. Just by pointing the subject, the focus is shifted to it and let it stand out to attract attention.
- Outstanding Performance in Power, Speed and Image Processing - With further optimization and rationalization in electric design, the DMC-GX1 excels in energy consumption and features approx. 11%* longer battery life than the DMC-G3 which complies with the same battery pack DMW-BLD10. The DMC-GX1 is now capable of 4.2 fps consecutive shooting in 16.0-megapixel full resolution with mechanical shutter. High speed burst shooting at 20 fps with electronic shutter is also selectable according to the shooting fast-moving subject and it is possible to select the best shot later
- Artistic Color Control Functions and iA (Intelligent Auto) Plus mode - The DMC-GX1 is artistic not only in form, but also in function. It provides an array of features that let users capture precisely true-to-life images and create their own beautifully expressive images. The Creative Control offers a variety of color modes; Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, High Dynamic, Miniature Effect and newly added Low Key and Toy Effect mode.
- Enjoy Watching High Quality Photos and Videos on Large HDTV
- Battery Pack
- Battery Charger
- Body Cap
- USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Hot Shoe Cap
- Owner's Manual
- CD-ROM of Software
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Storage Bag
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
||Currently out of stock. Orders will ship in the priority they are received. Your charge card will not be charged until the product ships.