|SB-700 Speedlight Shoe Mount Flash
|Part #: 4808
The NikonSB-700 Speedlight Shoe Mount Flash is an on-camera flash especially designed for Nikon DSLR cameras that use i-TTL metering system. It is compatible with DX and FX sensors, and its power zoom head covers a 24-120mm range when used with an FX camera. It features a dot-matrix LCD control panel with an intuitive layout for easy operation. It derives power from AA batteries with recycle time is a scant 2.5 seconds when using NiMH, 3 seconds when using Alkaline. The SB-700's Thermal Cut-Out detection prevents the flash from overheating. It increases the recycling time if the temperature of the flash head crosses a certain threshold, preventing the unit from becoming damaged.
You'll be able to use the strobe directly on your camera via the hot shoe, or wirelessly as a Remote. The strobe includes hard plastic-type color filters for fluorescent and incandescent color temperature balancing. The flash is able to recognize filter hence adjusting the white balance automatically on compatible Nikon DSLR cameras. It also features an AF-assist illuminator lamp, which helps to speed up the autofocus of your camera in low-light situations.
It supports three illumination patterns -- standard, center-weighted, and even -- for use in different shooting situations. Standard mode provides conventional flash coverage. Even mode covers the subject with even light across the entire frame, perfect for group photos where even illumination is desired. Center-weighted mode directs the light to the center of the frame, creating a vignette around your subject that is suitable for portraiture.
- Portable, Versatile Speedlight Unit i-TTL Speedlight - optimized for use with Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS).
- Complete Flash Head Positioning Freedom - Bounce 90 degreeup and 7 degreedown with 360 degree rotation elevates creative lighting freedom.
- Wireless Flash Control - Wireless Commander Mode controls up to 2 remote Speedlight groups and an unlimited number of compatible Speedlights. When used as a remote speedlight up to 3 Groups can be selected. Four wireless channel options help manage wireless conflicts in multi-photographer environments.
- Choose From 3 Light Distribution Patterns - Using the simple slider switch on the back of the SB-700, you can optimize light quality by selecting Standard for general illumination, Center-weighted for portraits or Even, for groups or interiors.
- Color Filter Identification - Automatically identifies mounted hard type color filters and adjusts camera white-balance. With select Nikon digital SLRs
- Automatic Format Identification - Automatically senses the FX or DX-format camera in use and optimizes light distribution.
- Firmware Updating - Allows uploading of performance enhancement developments. With select Nikon digital SLRs
- Nikon's Precision i-TTL Flash Control - Delivers precise flash exposures and seamless fill-flash performance-even in challenging lighting situations.
- Hot Shoe and Wireless Operation - Use on-camera, as a wireless master, commander or remote light source.
- Versatile Auto Power Zoom Coverage - Smoothly covers lenses as wide as 24mm and up to 120mm in FX-format.
- Streamlined Controls and Menus - Convenient Rotary Select Dial sets key functions quickly and a prominent Master and Remote control switch simplifies wireless operation.
- Flash Tube Overheat Protection - To prevent overheating, flash recycle time increases when SB-700 detects heat build-up.
- Flash Value (FV) Lock - Locks in a specific flash output on the main subject, regardless of aperture, composition or the lens' zoom position.* *With select Nikon digital SLRs
- Drip-Proof Mounting Foot Cover (Water Guard) - Provides enhanced moisture protection.
- AS-22 Speedlight Stand
- SW-14H Nikon Diffusion Dome
- SZ-3TN Incandescent Filter
- SZ-3FL Fluorescent Filter
- SS-700 Soft Case