|Plus X Transceiver
|Part #: PWPLUSXFCC
The PocketWizard Plus X Transceiver is the simplest PocketWizard radio ever and the perfect entry into the PocketWizard Wireless System. Attach one Plus X to your camera, another Plus X to a remote flash using an included cable, set both radios to the same channel and start taking pictures. The Plus X is compatible with all Standard Channel-capable PocketWizard transmitters and receivers, so it's the perfect companion for your existing radios and new flashes.
Compatible: The PlusX is compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers including PocketWizard-enabled photo gear from Profoto, Dynalite, Norman, Photogenic and Sekonic light meters. The PocketWizard Wireless System allows for total flexibility with whatever lights or cameras you may be working with.
- 10 Standard Channels - The Plus X features 10 standard channels for use to provide greater availability when working amongst other photographers or for greater control over complex lighting situations. These channels are compatible with all other PocketWizard of the same frequency.
- Backlit Channel Dial and Status Indicator - An analog dial is used to quickly and easily switch between the 10 available channels. A full-time amber backlight is used to illuminate the selected channel for convenience and greater visibility when working in dimly-lit conditions. A tri-color LED is also incorporated into the design and provides a visual means for gauging the Plus X battery life when it is sending or receiving a transmission.
- Internal Antenna - The internal antenna provides greater durability and eliminates the possibility or bending or breaking it during use. It also produces a more streamlined appearance when in use, and corresponds well to the side-profile design to create an overall visually unobtrusive look.
- Simplified Connectivity - The transceiver is easily attached to most cameras through the hot shoe, with no extraneous cables required. For attaching to remotes and lights, there is an all-in-one sync port for wide compatibility. Cables are included for attaching from miniphone-to-miniphone, miniphone-to-phono, and miniphone-to-PC sync for cameras without a hot shoe. It is also compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers (of the same frequency) as well as PocketWizard-enabled lighting and metering equipment.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver - The Plus X is automatically set to intelligently and instantly switch between transmitter and receiver modes for the greatest amount of flexibility. You can also manually override this function and choose to have it act as a dedicated transmitter only, which will cancel its ability to receive or relay signals.
- Auto-Relay Mode - When using three PocketWizard radios, you can remotely trigger a camera to fire and trigger a flash simultaneously. Utilizing the Auto-Sensing technology, the transceiver mounted to the camera can instantly receive a signal from an auxiliary transceiver, and then instantly convey the transmission to a remote flash. This provides a simple and highly efficient remote workflow.
- Range and Sync Speed - When used in ideal conditions, this transceiver is capable of producing and receiving a signal up to 1600' away. It supports sync speeds up to 1/250 sec. with focal plane shutters and 1/500 sec. with leaf shutters with a maximum triggering speed up to 14.5fps.
- Easily Connected / Cable Port - On your camera, the PlusX slides into the hot shoe with no cables required. For your remotes, it features one do-it-all miniphone (3.5mm or 1/8”) sync port. The miniphone connector is much more reliable than a PC connection and every PlusX comes complete with a miniphone-to-miniphone cable, a miniphone-to-phono (1/4" or 6.3mm) adapter for triggering the majority of modern flashes, and a miniphone to locking PC cable for triggering some remote speedlights or for using your PlusX on-camera when you can’t put it in a hot shoe. Other miniphone connector cables are available for major brands of lighting equipment in a variety of lengths. Dedicated remote camera triggering cables are also available for popular camera systems.
- Status Indicator/Battery Life Indicator - The PlusX features a tri-color LED status indicator that serves two functions. When the PlusX sends or receives a triggering signal, the LED will glow red. During normal operation, the indicator will blink a single green blink meaning it is operating normally and the battery life is above 50%. It will blink a double amber blink when the battery is below 50% but above 25% and it will blink three red blinks when the battery life is below 25% and it’s crucial to replace the batteries.
- Transmit Only Mode - There are times when you only want your radio to transmit, usually when two or more photographers are sharing a set of lights. By enabling transmit only mode, you disable the receive and auto-relay functions to make sure all your radio is doing is transmitting.
- Made in the USA - Like almost all PocketWizard radios, the PlusX is made in the USA. We keep production close to ensure the highest quality.
- Stereo 3.5mm Miniphone-to-Miniphone Cable
- Mono 3.5mm Miniphone-to-Locking PC Cable
- Stereo 3.5mm Miniphone-to-1/4 In. Adapter
- Limited 1-Year Warranty