Using Adobe's Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium for Windows (Student & Teacher Edition) enjoy creative freedom and precise control with the industry-leading tools for professional design in Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 Design & Web Premium software. Deliver eye-catching digital images, and craft graphics that scale to any size. Lay out high-impact print pages with exquisite typography, build HTML5/CSS3 websites that look great on any screen, and design applications for tablets and smartphones.
CS 6 Design & Web Premium provides a full set of professional tools for graphic design, website & application development, page layout, and image editing - and for publishing creative content to mobile devices, the web, print, and tablets. The Design & Web Premium suite comprises several industry-standard software programs that are essential to print designers and digital publishing professionals: Photoshop CS6, InDesign CS6, Illustrator CS6, Flash Professional CS6, Fireworks CS6, Dreamweaver CS6, and Acrobat X Pro.
The CS6 versions of Photoshop and Illustrator enjoy speed and performance enhancements. The Mercury Graphics Engine of Photoshop and the Mercury Performance System of Illustrator enable your 64-bit computer to address full system RAM in order to speed imaging and processing tasks and that once slowed down your workflow. With that extra processing power, you can enjoy the expanded capabilities of all the programs. Photoshop CS6, for instance, offers a Contact-Aware Patch that allows you to choose a sample area that serves as the basis for a patch. Illustrator enables you to convert raster images into editable, scalable vectors - the program's bread and butter.
As the definition of "publishing" expands, so too do the functions of Adobe InDesign. Even before the CS6 version, the program had already embraced publishing interactive page layouts to iPads and other tablets, e-book readers, and other digital devices. You can create several different layouts to serve different display dimensions, and save them all within a single file. Liquid Layout automatically resizes your layout based on page size.
For website and application creation, Dreamweaver CS6 lets you design, develop, and maintain multimedia HTML5/CSS3 websites and applications. You can also build native mobile apps for Android and iOS using integrated mobile frameworks. Flash Professional CS6 supports updated Flash Player and Adobe AIR runtimes, and you can also export content authored in Flash Professional to HTML. Fireworks features a new CSS Properties panel to let you cleanly extract CSS elements and values.
Creative Suite 6 Design Standard serves the design and publishing professional whose demands grow as quickly as technology advances. Photoshop CS6, for instance, now offers basic video editing functions with transitions and effects. As the required tasks of your profession creep over from other professional realms, Adobe continues to refine the interface and workflow of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Your job might not be getting any simpler, but Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard helps you keep pace with expanded functions, improved performance, and streamlined workflow.
- Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
- 2 GB of RAM (3 GB recommended) for 32 bit; 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended) for 64 bit
- 11 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
- 1280 x 800 display (1280 x 1024 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB of VRAM
- OpenGL 2.0-capable system
- DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs
- Java Runtime Environment 1.6 (included)
- QuickTime 7.6.6 software required for HTML5 media playback and multimedia features
- Adobe Flash Player 10 software required to export SWF files
- This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services. Phone activation is not available.
- Note: Microsoft Update KB930627 is required for Adobe Acrobat for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (64 bit).