|MicroSync II VM2R Wireless Receiver
|Item #: S-018691
The MicroSync II VM2R Wireless Receiver is part of a super lightweight radio system with a tiny form factor which can easily be your solution to a tangle of PC cords in the studio or on location.
The receiver (when used with optional VM2T transmitter) is capable of firing your strobe from a distance of 200'. Just slip the tiny transmitter (purchased separately) on your camera and plug the receiver into your flash with one of the 4 provided plug adapters: 1.4" mono plug, 3.5 mm mono plug, two-prong plug or shoe mount. Select a channel (there are 16) and you're ready to shoot. Forget about on/off switches; there aren't any. This smart system goes on instantly the second you hit the shutter release and automatically shuts down when not in use, dramatically extending battery life. The receiver's 2-AA batteries last a year. The system, which operates on 433MHz, has a maximum focal plane flash sync of 1/200 sec (depending on the camera in use) and a maximum leaf shutter sync speed of 1/350 sec.
Besides flash, the MicroSync II can also fire most DSLR cameras which have an electronic shutter release input. Just purchase the optional, dedicated camera cord and a VM2T transmitter. It's great for wildlife or surveillance.
- The Freedom of Wireless
- Whether you're shooting in the studio or on location, firing your strobes with a sync cord can be impractical, inconvenient, and sometimes even impossible. Not anymore! The MicroSync II allows you to fire strobes wirelessly. Now you can liberate yourself from the limitations of your sync cord.
- Ultra-small, Light and Convenient
- The MicroSync II is revolutionary because it is super miniature, extremely lightweight, and almost operates itself. Just place the optional transmitter in the hot shoe of your camera, plug the receiver into your strobe's power pack and fire! It's that easy.
- Automatic Power Management
- The MicroSync II has a unique automatic power management system. There are no on/off switches on the receiver. When you press the shutter, the transmitter (purchased separately) turns itself on and sends the signal to the receiver to fire your lights. Both units then turn themselves off - all in milliseconds! As a result, the receiver's AA batteries life expectancy is anticipated to be 1 year. With the automatic power management system, you never have to worry about leaving the unit on and running down your batteries.
- 16 Channels
- There are sixteen channels on the MicroSync II to allow you to shoot without interference from other MicroSync II users in close proximity.
- Interchangeable Plugs
- The MicroSync II Receiver has interchangeable plugs to fit directly into most strobes. It fires strobes from the hot shoe of most DSLR cameras.
- 200 feet maximum range.
- Fire a DSLR Camera
- The MicroSync II can remotely fire most DSLR cameras that have an electronic shutter release input. To do this, you will need an optional camera firing cord for your DSLR. MicroSync II camera firing cords are available for most Canon, Nikon and Pentax digital and film SLRs.
- Common Uses
- Remotely fire a PC terminal-equipped flash (such as Nikon's SB-26, SB-28, SB-80, SB-800, SB-900 or Canon's 580EX II)
- Fire a remote light and a hot shoe mounted flash simultaneously
- Fire strobes remotely using a PC terminal equipped light meter
- Fire strobes remotely from PC terminal-equipped medium format cameras and lenses
- VM2R Receiver
- Mono Plug
- 2 Prong Plug
- Mini Plug
- Shoe Mount
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty