Produce great photos and HD (720p) movies with style near to far with a 6x optical zoom. The Nikon COOLPIX S4300 features a large 3-inch Touchscreen for easy feature settings and playback. Sharp images and movies are assured with optical VR Image Stabilization.
The Nikon Coolpix S4300 Digital Camera Kit (Plum) is a highly compact and slim point and shoot featuring an impressive 16MP 1/2.3" CCD sensor. This sensor is powered by an EXPEED C2 image processing engine, providing superb image quality, quick performance, and low-light sensitivity to ISO 3200. While the design is quite compact, the S4300 does incorporate a large 3" / 7.5cm 460,000-dot touch screen LCD for high resolution playback and review of images and 720p HD movies. The 6x optical zoom NIKKOR lens features lens-shift type VR image stabilization for reducing camera shake at longer focal lengths and can also focus as closely as 2" / 5cm when in macro mode.
Aside from physical traits, this camera incorporates a number of special effects and filter effects-soft focus, miniature effect, cross screen star effect, selective color, and fisheye among others. For simplicity and efficiency with portraiture, the Smart Portrait System makes use of Smile Timer, Face-Priority AF, Blink Warning, Red-Eye Fix, and Skin Softening for all over coverage in regard to taking photographs of people.
In addition to the camera, this bundle includes a matching carrying case and a 4GB SDHC memory card.
- High Quality Imaging Capabilities
- Equipped with a 16MP 1/2.3" CCD sensor, the S4300 is capable of producing high quality imagery with a great deal of detail and visual depth. Further aided by the EXPEED C2 image processor, this camera also features low-light sensitivity to ISO 3200 and quick performance. In terms of optics, the NIKKOR 26-156mm (35mm equivalent) wide angle zoom lens offers you a wide range of focal lengths for almost any situation, including a minimum focus distance of 2" / 5cm in macro mode. And when photographing moving subjects, the AF system is able to track subjects and maintain consistent focus while panning. Also incorporated into the imaging design is the lens-shift Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization system, helping to reduce camera shake that is especially noticeable at longer focal lengths.
- High Resolution Touch Display
- A 3" / 7.5cm LCD touch screen is incorporated into the body and provides a 460,000-dot resolution for vivid playback of images and movies. The touch screen functionality allows you to release the shutter from the rear LCD with Touch Shutter, as well as select focus and exposure metering points within the image.
- One-Touch HD Movie Recording
- HD video is an incredibly simple feature with this camera; you can easily enter movie mode with a single button and quickly begin recording 720p HD movies. During recording, digital zoom allows you to get closer to the action and exposure is handled automatically. Once finished recording, playback is possible through your TV or computer
- Smart Portrait System
- The Smart Portrait System utilizes a number of tools for perfecting your images of people:
- Smile Timer will automatically release the shutter once a smile is detected in the frame.
- Face Priority AF can recognize up to 12 individual faces and determine the best focus possible to make sure all of them are rendered clearly.
- Blink Warning alerts you when a blink is detected in one of your images, allowing you to retake the image on the spot rather than finding out later that your image contains blinking.
- Red-Eye Fix works in conjunction with the on-camera flash and helps to eliminate all instances of red-eye without the need of post-production corrections.
- Skin Softening smoothes out wrinkles and blemishes and keeps subject's skin looking the best possible.
- 20 Different Scene Modes
- 20 intuitive Scene modes, including Scene Auto Selector which automatically optimizes camera settings for the best results. Scene modes include Back Light, Beach, Close Up, Copy, Draw, Dusk/Dawn, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Museum, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Panorama Assist, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Scene Auto Selector, Snow, Sports, and Sunset.
- In-Camera Filters, Effects, and Editing Tools
- For further enhancement of your images before post-production, the S4300 includes several options for manipulating your images:
- Editing: Crop, D-Lighting, Glamour Retouch, Quick Retouch, Rotate Image, Skin Softening and Small Picture
- Special Effects: Soft, Sepia, High Contrast Monochrome, High Key, Low Key and Selective Color
- Filters: Soft, Selective Color, Cross Screen, Fisheye, Miniature, Painting, and Color Options