|DSC-WX50 Cyber-shot Digital Camera (Black)
|Item #: S-017671
Get a mountain of shooting power that fits in the palm of your hand with this compact, easy to use Cyber-shot DSC-WX50 digital camera. Packing 16.2 megapixels, capture frame-worthy, high quality still images of all your adventures. Get close to the action with 5x optical zoom and 10x Clear Image zoom which doubles the optical zoom for closer, clearer pictures. Photos not enough for you? Try the Full HD 1080/60i movie mode to capture compelling video wherever you wander. And with an "Exmor R" CMOS sensor, take advantage of outstanding low-light performance for brilliant, balanced images even in darker settings.
- 16.2 Megapixel Back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor - This camera features a 16.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS image sensor that brings out the full resolving power of the camera's Carl Zeiss lens to deliver extremely fast speed, high resolution, and stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. In addition, the combined Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processor delivers extremely fast up to 10fps, Anti-Motion Blur, Hand-held Twilight and 1080i movie modes.
- Capture the decisive moment - up to 10fps - Capture full 16.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10 frames per second, helping to ensure that the decisive moment is captured such as the soccer ball flying into the goal. In addition, a mechanical shutter helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting moving subjects.
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama HR mode - With Intelligent Sweep Panorama HR mode just press the shutter, pan the landscape and let the camera do the rest. It automatically links together each frame to produce a high resolution panoramic image providing the ability to zoom in on small details. This model even detects faces and moving subjects to stitch intelligently different widths to help avoid subject distortion.
- Superior Auto mode - Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. The camera automatically recognizes the correct scene mode, then quickly shoots and combines up to six shots to produce images with greater clarity, optimum dynamic range using Backlight Correction HDR technology and lower image noise using 6 shots layering technology. Superior Auto intelligently detects 33 scenes for still images and movies, making it easy to get the best shot.
- Anti-blink function - It's frustrating to capture the perfect shot, only to review it later and discover subjects blinked during the photo. The Anti-blink function works to help counter blinking and squinting. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Natural Flash - Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don't capture colors the way the eye sees them. Natural Flash controls the white balance of both the background and main subjects.
- Optical zoom plus Clear image zoom - Most digital zooms use electronic cropping to get closer to the subject, resulting in unsharp images. With Clear Image Zoom the powerful processor compares patterns found in adjacent pixels and creates new pixels to match selected patterns, resulting in more realistic, higher-quality images. Clear Image Zoom doubles optical zoom for closer photos.
- Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode - Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode for blur-free movies even while walking.4 Camera-shake compensation using Optical SteadyShot/Active Mode has been improved with the addition of new electronic image stabilization.Now it's easier than ever to obtain sharp, blur-free movies even when zooming in unsteady situations, such as shooting with one hand while walking.
- Background Defocus - DSLR photographs are often beautiful because they blur the background, putting the emphasis on the subject. Now our point-and-shoot cameras can deliver this signature DSLR benefit. The system takes two shots, identifies the background and applies a defocused background keeping the subject crisp and clear.
- Face Detection technology - Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Soft Skin mode - Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- Motion Detection - Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
- Full HD 1080/60i - Record crystal clear movies at the highest resolution available with capabilities for 60i in 1080 AVCHD video.¹ This provides stunning, fast motion video with less distortion for playback on your HD TV.6 With dual record of stills and movies, you can shoot both at the same time.
- 3D Still Image and 3D Sweep Panorama mode - Produce awe-inspiring images with 3D Still Image and 3D Sweep Panorama capabilities.3 Photos will take on a new dimension of creative capabilities for viewing the world in a whole new way.
- Picture Effect - Picture Effect adds a new level of expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Select models have up to nine effects.
- Smile Shutter technology - Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply select Smile Shutter and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode when the Intelligent Auto mode is on. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition Mode - Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects 33 different types of scenes and selects the appropriate camera settings. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- Sweep Multi Angle mode - In Sweep Multi Angle mode, the camera takes 15 images at different angles as it sweeps across the scene. By tilting the camera during playback, the camera's Gyro Sensor detects motion and displays the image in a 3D-like view on the camera's LCD.
- NP-BN Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- AC-UB10 AC Adapter
- Micro USB Cable
- Wrist Strap
- Instruction Manual