|60mm f/2.8 Macro Elmarit R Lens - Duclos Converted To Canon EF Mount
|Part #: 11253
This is a brand new 60mm f/2.8 Macro Elmarit R Lens - Duclos Converted To Canon EF Mount. A 60mm lens with an especially broad range of applications. If you can forego extreme high speeds in this range of focal lengths in order to gain the great advantage of a focusing range, from infinity all the way down to a reproduction ratio of 1:2(10.2"), then this is the perfect lens for you.
The lens was originally manufactured as Series 8 variant, which was later replaced by an E55 model. Both variants followed same optical formula and the only difference between the two is the built-in lens hood offered with the E55 model.
The optical construction of the lens consists of 6 elements in 5 groups - a pretty straightforward optical design. The build quality of Leica Macro Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8 is superb, as expected from a Leica lens - the barrel, focus and aperture rings, the mount are all metal. The focus ring is very smooth and the aperture ring snaps with a nice click, moving from f/2.8 through f/22 in half f-stop increments. The lens looks and feels very sturdy, with no wobbling inside or out. And considering its fully metal barrel, the lens is quite lightweight, weighing only 400g and measuring 62 x 67mm (2.44 x 2.63in) when fully collapsed. The inner cam of the lens actually extends when focusing towards the macro, doubling the overall length of the lens.
- Leica Order No. - 11 203 - 11 205 (2-cam) - 11 212 (3-cam) - 11 347 - 11 253 (R-module)
- Production era 1972-2009, 46,500+ lenses
- Variants - 2 cam version with separate hood < 3013651 > 3 cam version with built-in hood
- Lens mount - Canon EF
- Number of lenses/groups - 6 / 5
- Focusing range - 0.27 m / 10.6 in < ∞ , with MACRO-ADAPTER-R 0.23 > 0.18 m / 9 > 7 in
- Aperture - f/2.8-f/22 - preset diaphragm with clickstops (including half values), Fully automatic diaphragm
- Smallest object field/Largest reproduction ratio - 48 mm x 72 mm / 1:2, with MACRO-ADAPTER-R 1:1
- Angle of view (diagonal, horizontal, vertical) - 40°, 33°, 23°
- Position of entrance pupil - 24.2 mm / 0.95 in (related to the first lens surface in light direction)
- Scales - Combined meter/feet graduation
- Filter mount - Series 7 (1st version) - Internal thread for screw-in type filters E 55
- Accessories - Hood: 12514 until built-in hood in 1980 at Serial No. 3013651; Leica APO-EXTENDER-R 1.4x and APO-EXTENDER-R 2x tele-extenders , MACRO-ADAPTER-R 14198
- Materials - Anodized aluminum and optical glass
- Focal length - 61.4 mm / 2.4 in
- Length to bayonet flange - 62.3 mm / 2.5 in
- Largest diameter - 67.5 mm / 2.66 in
- Weight - 400 g / 14.1 oz
- Duclos Hard Case - (Similar to Pelican)
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Duclos Conversion Paperwork
||Currently out of stock. Orders will ship in the priority they are received. Your charge card will not be charged until the product ships.