Whether you're simply looking to lighten your load when it comes to photographing or you're an avid fan of the Micro Four Thirds genre, Olympus's PEN series of cameras provide you with a more lightweight option than full-sized DSLR rigs, but with numerous bells and whistles that still provide flexibility and creativity, far beyond that of a point-and-shot. With the Micro Four Thirds lens mount, you can choose from a number of optional lenses for the E-PM1 to suit your particular shooting style.
At the center of the image making is the generous 3.0" LCD. Used for composition and review of your footage, not to mention navigating the menu and for features such as Live View, this big, bright display features 460K pixels and the platform with which to compose your next great shot or epic short film. Of course, the 12.3Mp sensor and the TruePic VI image processor are the heart of the camera, taking what you see on the LCD screen and turning it into memories that will last a lifetime.
The E-PM1 also boasts stunning low light performance with the Olympus AF Illuminator - an LED beam up to 10 feet for faster focusing in dark settings. The camera also features and ISO up to 12,800 and the ability to attach an external flash. Other noteworthy features include the FAST AF System which provides up to 35-points of focus for unbelievable accuracy, 5 frames per second shooting, multiple filter options and much more.
- Never Miss a Moment with the Small and Stylish Pen - The smallest and lightest PEN is available in six stylish colors - purple, pink, brown, white, silver and black - and features a new and simplified user interface as well as a streamlined button structure for superior ease-of-use
- Simplified Control - Operating the camera is more intuitive with the newly designed user interface. The innovative screen activates popular menu options such as Art Filters, iAuto, Scene Modes and Movie
- Excellent Shots - Effortlessly - The E-PM1 is also equipped with 23 Scene-Select modes for effortless picture taking, including new 3D mode, Fireworks, Sunset, Children, Macro and Panorama, to name a few. There are even 3 scene modes that are specific to shooting with Olympus' conversion lenses
- Three Inch, Bright Widescreen LCD - This 460 dot high-resolution screen is big and bright enough to let you shoot and share photos and HD video with ease
- Get Wireless - No need for cables or even a computer. Upload or email images directly from your camera with an optional PP-1 PENPAL or Eye-Fi card. The E-PM1 is also capable of recording stills and video to SD, SDHC, SDXC and UHS-I media cards
- 12.3Mp - The new 12.3Mp sensor is optimized to maximize the performance of all mZuiko digital lenses in any shooting condition. Improvements in the sensor makes shooting in low light and Full HD movie recording possible
- Advanced Shadow Adjustment Technology - You no longer need to worry about the extreme contrast between dark and bright areas in your images
- Face Detection with Eye Detect - Nail the focus for every portrait photo, every time. The new face detection AF employs an "Eye Detect AF" that adjusts focus automatically on the subject's eyes during portrait shooting and can even be adjusted to focus on the right, left or near-side eye
- Full 1080 HD Video - Shoot up to 29 minutes of 1080 60i HD video and stereo sound in either AVCHD or AVI formats. A Direct HD Movie Button switches you from still to movie mode with just the press of a button
- In-Camera Art Filters - Six in-camera Art Filters (Pop Art, Soft Focus, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama and Dramatic Tone) can be used in all shooting modes as well as filming HD movies. The E-PM1 also includes bracketing up to seven images, each image with a different applied Art Filter
- Wide Variety of Lenses and Accessories - A range of interchangeable lenses, accessories and flashes are compatible with the E-PM1 to support all different types of photography needs
- 3D Shooting - Add a new dimension to your photographs in any mode from macro to landscape with Olympus' 3D technology. By simply selecting the 3D Photo Mode, releasing the shutter and slowly panning, the camera will automatically take a second image from a slightly different perspective
- AF Illuminator - The addition of this super luminosity LED beam allows the camera to focus faster in low light up to almost 10 feet
- Increased ISO Sensitivity - Stunning low light photos are a click away with an increased ISO sensitivity to 12,800
- Attachable Flash Included - This camera provides the flexibility to attach a flash to your camera via the accessory port, or leave it at home for maximum portability
- 5 FPS Sequential Shooting - With the E-PM1 you can take up to five photos a second, allowing you to easily capture that perfect shot, especially when your subject is moving
- World's Fastest Auto Focus - The new FAST AF System is able to focus at an incredible speed and offers 35 separate focus points that are spread over nearly the entire sensor, which makes it possible for pin-point accurate focusing on small subjects wherever they appear in the frame
- Improved Color Reproduction - The new TruePic VI Image Processor, designed specifically for the Olympus PEN, features Real Color Technology for improved color reproduction (especially colors such as emerald green, yellow and gold) and color gradation
- Improved Lens Technology - High-precision engineering and an improved internal focusing mechanism have allowed the Olympus MSC (Movie+Still Compatible) lenses to auto focus quickly, smoothly and silently, perfect for stills and movie.
- Fast Shutter Response - Never miss a shot again with the E-PM1's fast shutter response time of less than 60 milliseconds (60 - 1/40000 sec.). The TruePic VI feature allows for reduced shot-to-shot time by shortening the black-out time between shots
- Accessory Port - The E-PM1 incorporates a port for connecting accessories including flashes, MAL-1 Macro Light, EMA-1 Microphone adapter, PENPAL and the VF-2 viewfinder
- In-Camera Slideshow with Sound - Slideshows have never been easier or more fun to create. The E-PM1's enhanced playback functions allow you to employ effective fade-in/fade-out techniques, control the movie/still mix and speed, add captivating musical soundtracks and much more
- Professional Audio Sound Capture - Take videos that are able to capture uncompressed CD-quality 16-bit/44.1KHz Linear PCM stereo recording or AC3 Dolby Digital audio
- Easy Photo and Video Playback on Your HDTV - The E-PM1 makes sharing your content easier than ever. Using the HDMI output, just connect the E-PM1 to your HDTV with an HDMI cable (not included) and navigate the camera's menus from the comfort of your couch
- Multiple Exposure Shooting - A Multiple Exposure function enables you to be creative right in the camera. Multiple images can be captured and combined to create one unique image. The creative possibilities are endless
Call us toll free at 1-800-321-4726 for customer service & ordering.
Price, images, specifications and descriptions of items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical or photographical errors.
Rebates & conditions, and expiration dates from manufacturers are subject to their authorization.