Meet your new partner for capturing life's most inspiring moments. The Sony Alpha NEX-3N Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens delivers high-resolution photos and exquisite Full HD movies, all with excellent edge-to-edge sharpness. This thoughtfully designed, feature-filled interchangeable-lens camera features a large APS-C size sensor, a built-in pop-up flash, 4 fps continuous shooting and much more. The 180 degree tiltable LCD makes self-portraits foolproof and fun. And with Auto Object Framing, it's easy to produce beautifully balanced, perfectly framed shots of nearly any subject.
The NEX-3N features a large 16.1-megapixel Exmor HD APS-C sensor, the same sensor format typically found in full-size DSLR cameras. Combined with premium Sony CMOS technology, the NEX-3N achieves high resolution with no penalty in low-light sensitivity or sensor noise. You'll achieve lavishly detailed photos that make for lovely enlargements, not to mention Full HD video of incredible richness and clarity.
The easily accessible zoom lever on the body of the camera allows for effortless one-handed operation and smooth zooming even when shooting self-portraits bringing compact camera convenience to the realm of interchangeable-lens models.
Thanks to the NEX-3N's tiltable LCD screen, snapping self-portraits has never been easier. Or more successful. Say goodbye to all those throwaways, since the LCD screen flips up a whole 180 degree, you can make sure you're perfectly positioned in the frame before pressing the shutter. Include your friends for a group shot, experiment with interesting angles or star in your own video clip.
Record stunning, high-quality movies at Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution in either 60i or 24p frames per second (records in 29-minute segments). Choose the AVCHD codec for exquisite Blu-ray Disc picture quality, or record in the PC-friendly MP4 format which lets you compress files for easy upload to sites like Facebook and YouTube.
The NEX-3N offers the convenience of a built-in flash right at your fingertips. Perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to nail the shot, the powerful pop-up flash illuminates the frame so no detail is left in the dark. Combined with high ISO sensitivity, you'll be able to shoot in nearly any setting.
Give your photos a professional look with the help of Auto Object Framing. Featuring advancements like exceptional two-person portrait capability along with Face Detection and Tracking Focus technology, Auto Object Framing turns ordinary photos into beautifully balanced compositions by automatically recognizing the scene then cropping accordingly. It's an effortless way to achieve perfectly framed photos every time.
- APS-C CMOS Sensor - The Exmor APS-C HD CMOS image sensor with a resolution of 16.1MP allows for clear, detailed, low-noise shots in dim lighting conditions, often without the use of flash. The sensor has RGB primary color filters. Color space is sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard, compatible with TRILUMINOS Color. Capture JPEG (Standard, Fine, Extra Fine), RAW, RAW+JPEG and 3D MPO images
- BIONZ Image Processor - Chroma noise reduction delivers high-resolution, low-noise photos even at ISO 16000 sensitivity. Long Exposure NR can be turned on or off and is available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec. High ISO NR has High, Normal and Low modes. The processor also enables up to 4fps continuous shooting
- Sony E-Mount and A-Mount Lenses - The camera's Sony E-Mount accepts a broad array of interchangeable lenses, including the supplied 16-50mm (35mm equivalent: 24-75mm) Power Zoom (PZ) lens. The 16-50mm features a motor zoom lever enabling effortless one-handed operation and smooth zooming--even when shooting self-portraits. Measuring just 3/16" when fully retracted, this compact lens has one ED (extra low-dispersion) element for correcting chromatic aberrations, as well as four aspherical elements for minimizing coma and other types of lens aberrations, even at the widest apertures. The aspherical elements also contribute to the lens' compact design. You can also use optional Minolta/Konica Maxxum A-mount lenses via the LA-EA1/LA-EA2 adapter (sold separately)
- 3.0 In. LCD - The camera's monitor features a resolution of 460,800 dots and tilts 180° up and 13 degree down. Benefit from the following features: 100% coverage, continuous Live View, Histogram, Peaking with selectable High/Mid/Low/Off level settings and White/Red/Yellow colors, Grid Display (Rule of Thirds, Square Grid, Diagonal + Square Grid, Off), magnified display for playback, customization options for grid / grid line and histogram, real-time image adjustment display, and Auto and Manual brightness control in 5 steps between -2 and +2
- Full HD Video - Record Full HD 1080i video at 60fps and 24Mbps or 17Mbps. Capture Full HD 1080p video at 24fps at the same bit rates. You can also record in HD 1440 x 1080p at 30fps and 12Mbps, or 640 x 480p at 30fps and 3Mbps. Capture movies in your choice of the Blu-ray quality AVCHD or PC-friendly MP4 format, and record stereo sound in Dolby Digital (AC-3) or MPEG-4 AAC-LC format to accompany your movies
- Wide ISO Range - The combination of a broad sensitivity range of 100-16000 (for stills; 100-3200 for videos) and advanced noise reduction allows the NEX-3N to capture clear, detailed images in challenging lighting conditions--without requiring the built-in flash
- Auto and Manual Focus - The Intelligent AF system uses contrast-detect autofocus and 25 focus points when Multi Point is selected as the focus area. Center-weighted and Flexible Spot are also available. Autofocus modes include Single-shot AF(AF-S), Continuous AF(AF-C) and Auto Focus. Additionally, Manual Focus may be used, and Direct Manual Focus (DMF) allows you to switch quickly between AF and MF while keeping your eyes focused on your subject. Benefit from Predictive control (AF-A, AF-C) and Focus Lock, as well as a built-in LED AF Illuminator with an approximate range of 3.3-9.75 In. Focus sensitivity ranges from EV 0 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent, with an f/2.8 lens attached)
- Built-in Flash - Pop-up flash with pre-flash TTL metering has a guide number of 19.7' (6.0 m) to compensate for dim lighting when the CMOS sensor and high ISO sensitivity alone aren't quite enough to get proper exposure. Offers a coverage angle equivalent to that of a 16mm focal length lens. Recycling time is approximately 3 sec and flash bracketing can be done from -2.0 to +2.0 EV
- Auto Object Framing - Fills the frame with your subject by automatically recognizing the scene and cropping accordingly. Advancements include two-person portrait capability, Face Detection and Tracking Focus
- Photo Creativity Feature - Enjoy easy access to most Picture Effect settings and controls for Background Defocus, Brightness, Color and Vividness. Simply activate Photo Creativity, choose the appropriate item, and adjust while viewing in real-time on the LCD. You can also combine settings to achieve different creative results or compensate for difficult lighting
- Picture Effect Modes - Camera features 11 modes that provide 15 artistic effects you can apply to photos and movies. These include Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R,G,B,Y), High Contrast Mono, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Mono, and Miniature. View effects in real-time on the LCD screen before you take the shot, so you can experiment with different looks. Please note that the following modes are not displayed in real-time and cannot be applied to movies: HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Soft Focus and Miniature
- Creative Style - Prior to shooting photos or videos, choose from one of six settings - Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset or Black & White (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation(-3 to +3steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3steps)) - to help you achieve the desired result
- Superior Auto Mode - Capture photos and videos easily by letting the camera recognize the current shooting environment and automatically adjust settings for optimal results. Superior Auto also includes Auto HDR and Hand-held Twilight modes; both of these use image compositing technology to handle difficult lighting by recording multiple images at high speed, then combining the best qualities from each image into a single exposure. For Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range), the exposure difference level is 1-6EV in 1EV steps. Hand-held Twilight mode gives you clearer, more detailed nighttime pictures without the use of the flash or a tripod. Six images are captured in a fraction of a second, then combined into a single sharper image with low noise
- Anti-Motion Blur Mode - Corrects for subject movement to capture clean, sharp images in low light. In this mode, the camera takes 6 shots in a fraction of a second, then combines the data from all 6 to create a single, blur-free image
- Face Detection / Smile Shutter - You can set the camera to recognize faces and smiles. Face Detection locates up to 8 faces in the frame, then adjusts exposure, white balance and other settings based on these faces. Face Registration and Face Selection are enabled. Smile Shutter, which provides 3 selectable levels for adjustment, automatically takes a photo when smiles in the scene are at their brightest
- Speed Priority Continuous Mode - Freeze fast-moving subjects by shooting at up to 4fps. In normal Continuous mode, you can shoot at 2.5fps. The camera's burst buffer is 9 shots for Standard or Fine JPEG, 5 shots for RAW, and 4 shots for RAW+JPEG
- Panorama Shooting - Capture still panorama images at a resolution of up to 12,416 x 1856 (23MP), achieved by combining multiple images into a single larger one
- Scene Modes - Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night View, Handheld Twilight, and Anti Motion Blur
- Exposure - Modes include iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter speed priority (S), Manual (M), Sweep Panorama (Horizontal (Wide/Standard), Vertical (Wide/Standard)) and Scene Selection. Exposure compensation for still images is -3.0 to +3.0 EV, adjustable in 1/3EV steps. For movies, the range is -2.0 to +2.0, with the same 1/3EV increments. Exposure bracketing is also possible via 3 continuous or single shots in 1/3 or 2/3 EV steps. Adjust Color Temperature from 2500 - 9900K in 15-step increments. Magenta/Green compensation (G7 to M7), Amber/Blue (A7 to B7), and Custom available. D-Range Optimizer is available and can be set to Auto, Level or Off. Exposure metering modes include Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot, and 1200-zone evaluative, while metering sensitivity ranges from EV 0 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent, with an f/2.8 lens attached)
- Shutter - Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Anti-Slip Grip - Natural form ensures comfortable handling and makes the camera easy to carry around. Textured grip prevents your hand from slipping, even when shooting one-handed or using very large lenses
- PlayMemories Home Software - Included PlayMemories Home image management software is easy to use and offers the convenience of automatic installation on your Windows PC. Download photos and movies onto your computer, then view, organize, edit, retouch, print, burn to a disc, share or upload them to social networking sites. Also benefit from the included Image Data Converter Version 4 software
- BRAVIA Sync - Available via the camera's HDMI port with a compatible BRAVIA HDTV (link menu). PhotoTV HD, too, is available with a BRAVIA Sync-enabled HDTV and HDMI cable
- Battery - Runs on the Sony lithium-ion Stamina battery, which contains the InfoLITHIUM system that displays the percentage of battery power remaining
- Dust Reduction System - Anti-dust charge protection coating on low-pass filter and electromagnetic vibration mechanism
- View & Index - Single (with or without shooting information), RGB histogram and highlight/shadow warning, 4/9-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 13.6x, M: 9.9x, S: 6.8x),Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, Off), Image orientation (On/Off), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (still), Forward/Rewind (movie), Delete, Protect
Call us toll free at 1-800-321-4726 for customer service & ordering.
Price, images, specifications and descriptions of items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical or photographical errors.
Rebates & conditions, and expiration dates from manufacturers are subject to their authorization.