The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GF5X Digital Micro Four Thirds Camera with 14-42mm Lens incorporates a 12.1-megapixel Live MOS sensor which features high sensitivity signal processing. Both photodiode circuit and readout circuit are also optimized to minimize noise generation through processing to readout. Furthermore, newly added NR circuit completes Panasonic's excellent noise reduction system that thoroughly removes noise left at final processing stage.
- ISO 12800(Extended) - Optimization of on-chip filter realizes image recording with even higher sensitivity at max. ISO12800 (extended). Images to be shot in low-lit situations are stunningly clear with highly sharp resolution.
- Intelligent D-range Control - The Intelligent D-range Control offers even more natural looking by optimizing the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully including the blue color of the sky.
- Intelligent Resolution Technology - With the Intelligent Resolution technology, 3 areas - outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas - are automatically detected. Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, this technology precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way according to the area. As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp in both photo and video recording.
- More Accurate and Faster than Phase-difference AF 0.09 sec Light Speed AF - The DMC-GF5 features the approx. 0.09 seconds of ultra high-speed Light Speed AF* which is achieved by reducing the detection time for focusing by the synchronization of the lens and the sensor at 120 fps. Not only the accuracy but also the speed excels by far than the high-end digital SLRs with phase-difference AF with the advanced contrast AF system in the DMC-GF5.
- For Maximum Freedom in Composing Images - The DMC-GF5 incorporates full-area focusing which makes it possible to set focus on any point in the field of view. Frame composition is free and intuitive combining the touch-screen operation.
- The Contrast AF Advantage: Matches Almost Any Scene - Contrast AF system gives the DMC-GF5 a variety of AF modes. There's an option that's just right for any shooting situation. With the AF mode button, you can choose the focus mode you want smoothly.
- Touch AF in video Recording - The touch AF in video recording lets you enjoy professional-like rack focusing. Just by pointing the subject, the focus is shifted to it and let it stand out to attract attention.
- Flexible, Advance Focusing to Match Your Subject - The AF / MF mode button lets you quickly change the focus mode; AFS, AFF, AFC to maintain a sharp focus on a moving subject, or manual focus.
- Quick AF - The ordinary AF is activated when the shutter button is pressed half-way, while the Quick AF starts operating as soon as the camera is pointed toward a subject.
- AF+MF Function - The AF+MF function provides more efficient, more precise focusing. After focusing with AF, simply turn the focus ring manually for even finer control.
- A Versatile Consecutive Mode to Match Your Shooting Intent - The DMC-GF5 lets you snap off unlimited consecutive shots at approx. 4 fps with full resolution, or 3 fps / 2 fps even when using the Full-time Live View. While Full-time Live View shooting, you can take shot after shot of the most decisive moments in sports and other action scenes, while precisely framing your shots in the LCD and optimizing the settings.
- Image Quality Is Easily Maintained by Protecting the Live MOS Sensor - If dust or other foreign matter gets inside the camera when you're changing lenses, it could cling to the image sensor and show up as a spot in your photos. The Dust Reduction System in the DMC-GF5 helps eliminate this possibility by placing the Supersonic Wave Filter in front of the Live MOS sensor, between the low-pass filter and shutter. Vibrating vertically around 50,000 times per second, the filter repels dust and other particles effectively.
- From Very Beginner to High Amateurs - The LUMIX DMC-GF5 offers a variety of features that encourages user to enjoy expressive photography according to the user's stage of skill - from very beginners to high amateurs.
- Greater Beauty and Deeper Knowledge - For beginners of interchangeable lens system cameras, the new Scene Guide in DMC-GF5 offers 23 sample pictures shot by professional photographers. You can choose the one closer to the scene they encounter and optimum parameters for shooting the scene will be automatically set. Furthermore, shooting procedure, technical advice and recommended interchangeable lens for the scene can be shown for users to learn photography.
- Creative Control - The Creative Control lets you enjoy giving your intention to make the image even more impressive. With the new GUI and menu tabs, switching filter effect is extremely easy and is possible to preview via the Live View. Effect parameter, defocusing area and exposure compensation are also adjustable.
- Creative Control in Video Recording - You can use the Creative Control for shooting videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the video recorded is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch.
- iA(INtelligent Auto) Plus - In the iA Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. You just press, aim and shoot. Once you've selected the iA Mode, the detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos and videos with maximum ease. In addition, the iA Plus Mode enables you to adjust defocusing area, exposure compensation and white balance by just moving the slider with your finger.
- Photo Style - You can manually choose from 6 color types to get even more detailed image settings, or to match the shooting situation. In addition, the contrast, sharpness, saturation or noise reduction for each mode parameter can be customized in 5 steps and stored in memory. In Custom Mode, finely customized settings can be stored for easy recall and use.
- Small and Light-weight Body with Built-in Flash - The DMC-GF5 is designed in sophisticated profile of ultra-compact body while achieving higher image quality even in high sensitivity. In addition to the basic features desired for the DSLR cameras, the DMC-GF5 features a host of options that makes photography even more artistic yet easy - enjoyable enough for users stepped up from digital compact cameras.
- Built-in Flash - In spite of its compact size, the DMC-GF5 comes equipped with a built-in flash, a light intensity that is equivalent to GN6.3 (ISO160 · m). The use of flash expands the photographic opportunity in shooting people at nighttime or indoors.
- Micro Four Thirds System Standard - By adopting the Micro Four Thirds System standard, the DMC-GF5 features mirrorless structure that eliminates the mirror box and optical viewfinder unit. This carefully preserves the image quality while maintaining a compact profile, and provides you with even higher levels of performance in a digital interchangeable lens system camera.
- LUMIX G / LEICA DG Lenses - The main appeal of an interchangeable lens system camera is the ability to achieve a wider range of expression by changing the lens. The DMC-GF5 lets you use the versatile lineup of Micro Four Thirds System standard lenses, including the LUMIX G / LEICA DG lenses.
- Sophisticated Design and Enjoyable Operaility - The design dispels impression for conventional big, heavy and colorless DSLRs. Although the round-form profile gives comfortable impression, its design is sophisticated and stylish. Aluminum ring surrounding metal mount surrounded refines the look even sharper. Finest tuning is applied in every part of the camera not just its look but also touch and even sense of feel.
- 920K-dot Touch Display - With the 3.0-inch large 920K-dot high-precision touch display featuring a field of view of approx. 100%, the DMC-GF5 offers both ease and comfort in operation. The touch-control system immediately lets you to set focus to the subject by just touching it on the screen and you can even release the shutter.
A wide-viewing angle lets you frame your shot in a variety of ways for both shooting and viewing. The Intelligent LCD function also automatically adjusts the brightness according to shooting conditions.
- Touch Zoom - Zoom operation can be controlled with touch control when the Power Zoom lens of LUMIX G Micro System is attached. Speed of zooming can be adjusted in 2 steps.
- Full-Time Live View - The Full-time Live View lets you see what you're shooting with a field of view of approx. 100%.You can also confirm the depth of field and shutter speed effects by pressing the Function button, if you select the Preview mode.
- Adjustable LCD - Brightness, saturation and colors of the LCD can all be adjusted. This is handy because it lets you adjust them in advance, based on your computer display or other playback device.
- GUI with Selectable Colors and Photos - Thanks to the newly integrated graphic engine, GUI (Graphic User Interface) is now sophisticated in every detail and features animation for higher visibility. You can choose an image and set it as a wallpaper on the back of menu screen like mobile phones.
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD Video - The DMC-GF5 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full HD 1,920 x 1,080 videos in AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than the conventional Motion JPEG and excels in the compatibility with AV devices like HDTVs or Blu-ray Disc players.
- MP4 Format Recording - The DMC-GF5 can record videos in MP4 format. This format is suitable for editing videos on a computer or uploading those to websites. Resolution can be selected among 1,920 x 1,080 (20Mbps), 1,280 x 720 (10Mbps), and 640 x 480 (4Mbps), all at 30p (NTSC) .
- High Qualtiy Sound - A stereo microphone, featuring Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, on the upper body records dynamic, true-to-life stereo audio that brings out the power of your HD videos.
- Mic Level Adjustment - The DMC-GF5 lets you adjust the audio input level in four steps.
- Wind Cut - The Wind Cut function is available to block out most of the noise from background wind. This gives you higher quality sound when taking images on breezy days.
- Creative Contorl in Video Recording - You can use the Creative Control for shooting videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the video recorded is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch.
- Slideshow with Music - The DMC-GF5 can play a slideshow with music. Choose from 4 types of music: Natural, Slow, Swing and Urban. Then, select the transition effect to match your music. You can also use the optional RP-CDHM15/CDHM30 HDMI mini cable to connect the camera to an HDTV for breathtaking, large-screen viewing.
- Category Playback - With the Category Playback Mode, you can choose to display only photos that contain specific subjects. Images are sorted into the categories; Face Recognition, Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Events, Food and Travel date.
- Title Edit / Text Stamp - The Title Edit function in playback mode lets you edit the titles of any photos you want. The Profile Setup and Face Recognition functions let you enter the date of birth and name of your subject in advance. You can also enter your destination and the date of travel in advance, in the Travel Date setting. The title, name, age based on the birth date, date of travel information, and date of shooting are displayed during playback, and can be printed on photos.
- Extended Battery Life - The energy-saving Venus Engine and the genuine rechargeable lithium-ion battery work together to extend the shooting time of the DMC-GF5, making it possible to take approx. 320 shots*1, approx. 330 shots*2 or approx. 360 shots on a single battery charge.
Call us toll free at 1-800-321-4726 for customer service & ordering.
Price, images, specifications and descriptions of items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical or photographical errors.
Rebates & conditions, and expiration dates from manufacturers are subject to their authorization.