The quality of a DSLR in about half the size and weight. The Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Compact Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens boasts a large 16.1MP APS-C HD sensor for the type of incredible high-resolution photos and Full HD video you'd expect from a camera twice its size. Combined with an advanced BIONZ image processing engine, you'll get incredibly rich, clear quality with reduced graininess and noise—even in challenging low-light conditions. With a 180° tilting 3.0" LCD screen, you can turn the camera on yourself to snap self-portraits or star in your own video clip—a three-second timer gives you plenty of time to perfect your composition and smile for the camera. A built-in pop-up flash is there when you need an extra dose of illumination to make the shot. The included 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens features smooth and silent AF operation with a built-in Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) to handle a full range of shots.
- 16.1 MP APS-C size HD image sensor - The same sensor format that Sony builds into the full-sized α DSLRs. With 13 times the area of the typical point-and-shoot image sensor, APS-C makes the difference between “snapshots” and “photographs,” delivering an exceptional combination of high resolution, high sensitivity and gorgeous, blurred backgrounds.
- Full HD 1080/60i/24p movies - Record super smooth 1080 Full HD Video in either 60i or 24p frames per second. Records in your choice of 1080/60i or 24p AVCHD™ format or in PC-friendly 1080/30p MP4 format.
- Up to 5.5 frames per second - Capture the decisive moment in sports and get the ideal baby photo. Up to 5.5 fps continuous shooting at full 16.1 MP resolution with exposure and focus fixed at the first frame. Standard continuous shooting at up to 2.5 fps.
- On-screen Help Guide - Provides a ready-reference that explains the camera’s modes and settings. It walks through the camera’s operation so you get the best shot. Helps you advance from basic operation to greater sophistication.
- Accepts image stabilized lenses - Selected E-mount lenses incorporate Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to combat the effects of camera shake. Building stabilization into the lenses enables the camera body to be remarkably thin and light.
- Accessory port - Intelligent accessory port allows use of external flash, microphone and OLED EVF (all sold separately).
- Multi-segment metering - Optimizes exposure based on 1200 segments. Choice of Multi, Center and Spot metering accommodates a full range of shooting situations.
- P/A/S/M operating modes - The NEX-F3 offers a full range of controls from the beginner's iAUTO mode to P/A/S/M: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual. On-screen prompts help you refine your skills, build your confidence and exercise greater creative control for still image capture as well as movie mode too.
- Auto Portrait Framing - Simply photograph a person and Auto Portrait Framing will save an additional, optimally framed image in portrait or landscape orientation. Combining Face Detection and By Pixel Super Resolution technologies with rule of thirds, Auto Portrait Framing provides beautifully composed and appealingly balanced full resolution portraits.
- Clear Image Zoom - Utilizing Sony’s exclusive By Pixel Super Resolution Technology, Clear Image Zoom increases the effective focal length of your lens up to 2x by digitally magnifying the center of your image with nearly imperceptible degradation. It virtually doubles the effective focal length of whatever lens you’re using providing greater shooting flexibility.
- 3D Sweep Panorama Mode - Capture vast scenic vistas and 16:9 shots in spectacular 3D. As you sweep across the panorama, the camera records separate right-eye and left-eye images that make landscapes come alive on your 3D television. Records both JPEG and MPO file formats.
- Auto HDR built into camera - High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography captures more scene contrast than a single exposure can handle by combining the best highlight detail from one shot and the best shadow detail from another for one incredible shot. Until recently, you needed a computer and editing software. Sony builds HDR in. Handles severe backlighting and other high-contrast scenes. Captures in a split second. (Recommended for still subjects.)
- Face Detection technology - The camera can automatically detect up to eight individual faces and adjust focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends. Can prioritize children or adults.
- Six Creative Style settings - Control how the camera processes your images with six finishing styles: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset and B&W. You can even fine-tune contrast, saturation, and sharpness to your personal taste.
- Up to 470 Shots of battery life - Take up to 470 shots on a single charge with Sony lithium ion Stamina battery power. Sony's InfoLITHIUM battery system enables you to see the percent of power remaining, so you can keep shooting in confidence.
- BIONZ image processor - The brains of the camera is a refined version of Sony’s BIONZ image processor. Its chroma noise reduction delivers high-resolution, low-noise photos even at ISO 16000 sensitivity. Also enables fast processing for up to 5.5 fps continuous shooting of data-intensive 16.1 megapixel images, 2D/3D Sweep Panorama modes and 6 image layering.
- Built-in flash - Perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to get the shot, the built-in Guide Number 6 flash combines with high ISO sensitivity to enable shooting in just about any setting.
- Convenient USB charging - Easily recharge the NEX-F3 via USB charging
- Control Wheel + Customizable Soft Keys - Unlike cameras that bristle with knobs, buttons and dials, the NEX-F3 features a simple turn-and-click Control Wheel and context-sensitive Soft Keys. It’s elegant, uncluttered and intuitive.
- Anti-Dust Technology - Anti-Dust Technology helps keep the CMOS sensor clean, resulting in consistently clear pictures. First a static-free coating on the sensor's low-pass filter helps repel dust. Then vibration automatically dislodges dust from the sensor.
- RAW image capture - The NEX-F3 saves your pictures as compact JPEG files and/or ultra-high quality RAW files. RAW files save images prior to de-mosaicing, white balance, sharpness and color enhancement. This retains maximum latitude for enhancing the image on your PC.
- Manual Focus Assist - Greatly magnifies the viewfinder image when you touch the focus ring, making it easy to get razor-sharp images. Works with E-mount lenses only.
- iAUTO (Intelligent Auto) mode - Unifies and simplifies Sony intelligent technologies. Takes advantage of Intelligent Scene Recognition, Face Detection technology, and Optical SteadyShot image stabilization without leaving Auto Mode so you always get the best shot.
- Photo Creativity interface - The Photo Creativity interface enables you to easily enjoy the creative expression of SLR-quality digital imaging without complex jargon. Changes can be combined/ removed and viewed in real time on the LCD making it a breeze to make adjustments. Choose from seven different Photo Creativity functions using the convenient control wheel and center button including; Picture Effect, Background Defocus Control, Soft Skin Effect, Color, Brightness, Vividness, and Self-timer / Continuous Advance.
- Interchangeable lenses - Compatible with Sony’s E-mount series of smaller, lighter lenses designed specifically for α compact interchangeable lens cameras. Opens up a world of creative options.
- Anti-Motion Blur mode - Corrects for subject movement to capture amazingly clean and sharp images in low light. The camera leverages the large, APS-C image sensor and captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data from all six creates a single image that minimizes subject blur.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) - Dynamic Range Optimizer improves results with backlit subjects and recovers details hidden in shadows. Settings include Auto, Level with a choice of five operating levels and Off.
- Smile Shutter technology - Captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply select the Smile Shutter mode and the camera takes the picture automatically. You can prioritize children or adults and adjust the smile sensitivity.
- Index and Slide Show Display - Quickly review your photos using 6- or 12-frame index views, or as an automatic slide show with fade-in/fade-out effect.
- Powerful supplied software - To help you refine and manage your images, the camera is equipped with computer software including Image Data Converter SR, Image Data Lightbox SR and Play Memories Home software
- ISO 200 - 16000 sensitivity - The Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processing engine combine to ensure clear imaging with reduced noise. In addition to an ISO AUTO range of ISO 200 - 3200, user-selectable sensitivity of up to ISO 16000 is offered, making it possible to capture low-light photos with reduced blur using fast shutter speeds.
- 180° tiltable 3.0" LCD - Self-portraits made easy 180° tiltable 3.0" Xtra Fine LCD screen and 3-second count down timer
- Live View LCD - The LCD monitor is active full-time for composing shots. Provides a what-you-see-is-what-you-get preview of white balance, focus, depth of field, exposure and 100% framing accuracy, plus informative on-screen displays.
- Accepts A DSLR A-mount lenses - Using the LA-EA1 or LA-EA2 adaptor (sold separately), you can attach the full selection of α A-mount system lenses, which includes 34 current models and an installed base of millions of lenses worldwide. Operational restrictions apply.
- Dual Format Media Card Slot - For cost-effective, convenient storage and sharing of your images, the camera accepts Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo and SD/SDHC media (Class 4 or higher recommended). (Memory card is required. All are sold separately.)
- 25-point Auto Focus - 25 sensors cover a very wide area of the scene, for accurate focusing even when the subject is far from the center of the frame.
- Peaking for Precise Focus - The Peaking function makes precise manual focusing much easier by highlighting the edges that are in focus in your choice of three colors ( white, red, or yellow). This is especially helpful during macro or portrait photography where accurate focus can make or break your shot.
- Enhanced Tracking Focus - Tracking Focus continuously tracks a user-designated subject and is now more effective at tracking people. If the subject turns away from the camera, face-detection tracking automatically switches to subject tracking and continues tracking.
- Photo Creativity interface Picture Effect mode - There are 11 types (15 variations) of picture effects to choose from: HDR Painting, Soft Focus, Miniature, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color (Green/Blue/Yellow/ Red), Pop Color, High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Posterization (B/W, Color), and Rich Monotone . Each is unique and each give you a new and exciting way to make your images and videos pop.
- Sweep Panorama Mode - Capture expansive landscapes automatically. Press the shutter, sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together. Up to 23 MP image size. Up to 202 degrees maximum sweep angle (16mm focal length).
- Hand-held Twilight Mode - Get cleaner and sharper nighttime pictures—beyond the capability of traditional cameras—without using flash or a tripod. The camera leverages the large, APS-C image sensor and captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data from all six creates a single image of extraordinary detail and low noise.
- "Background Defocus" control - Cameras with APS-C sensors take beautiful pictures because they can blur the background. That helps make your subject stand out as the center of attention in portrait photography. But you’ve had to know about aperture f-stops and shutter speeds. Now Sony makes it easy. Simply turn the Control Wheel one way for backgrounds in focus, the other for background defocus.
- Eight Scene Selection Modes - These help you get the shot by optimizing the camera for specific shooting situations. Select from Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night View, Night Portrait and Hand-held Twilight modes.
- HDMI output for HD viewing - Enjoy HD movies and stunning still images on a compatible HDTV. The camera includes an HDMI output. In addition, the BRAVIA Sync system works with compatible Sony BRAVIA HDTVs enabling you to control camera playback using the television’s remote.
- Supplied accessories - The kit includes a NP-FW50 Lithium ion rechargeable battery, AC-UB10 USB AC charger (in-camera battery charging), Mini-B USB cable, software CD and shoulder strap.
Call us toll free at 1-800-321-4726 for customer service & ordering.
Price, images, specifications and descriptions of items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical or photographical errors.
Rebates & conditions, and expiration dates from manufacturers are subject to their authorization.