With the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Color Inkjet Printer Designer Edition, uncompromising quality is within reach. Engineered for the discriminating professional, this compact, 17 In.-wide printer includes Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology, world-renowned for professional printing applications. This, combined with an advanced MicroPiezo AMC print head, enables the Pro 3880 to produce gallery-quality color and black-and-white output up to 17 In. x 22 In. The printer's industry-acclaimed ink set delivers a phenomenal color gamut with breathtaking blues and violets. Now, you can achieve stunning wide-format prints to professionally showcase your work and bring your creative visions to life.
This Item Ships by Freight Only!
- The Latest Adobe CPSI 3018 Core - Complete compatibility with the latest design software suites from Adobe. Handles virtually every industry file format including - EPS, TIFF, PDF, PS, JPEG, and Layered PSD
- Intelligent PDF Processing - Capable of processing only the pages you're printing, not the entire multi-page PDF. All forms of PDF cropping are now supported
- Adobe PDF Print Engine 2.0 Drives Integrated End-to-End PDF Workflows - User selectable between standard CPSI and Adobe PDF Print Engine 2.0. Complete compatibility with the latest design software suites from Adobe.
- More Precise Method to Find the Best Possible Spot Color Simulations - New 16-bit math handles the precise definition of L*a*b* values to find the best color match possible. Even for challenging spot colors, the ideal color values are automatically identified, No user interaction is required
- Complete Spot Color Library Support - Built-in PANTONE coated & uncoated, HKS, Toyo, and DIC spot color libraries
- Create Custom Spot Colors for Client-Specific Requirements - Creation of unique spot colors via L*a*b* values for extremely accurate simulation. Also supports spot colors defined by specific CMYK, CMYKOG, and CMYKRGB percentages
- Flexible Printing Workflow with Hot Folder and Virtual Printer Support - Multiple printing paths for easy tailoring to your existing workflow. Takes full advantage of the latest technology - including multiple core processors
- Efficient Processing of Complex Files - Free resources on your computer with file processing offloaded to the RIP software. Process only selected pages in multi-page design files to save valuable time
- RIP Optimized for the Latest Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems - Takes full advantage of the latest technology - including multiple core processors. Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. Compatible with Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard
- Customizable Job Ticket Information - Adjustable font size, job ticket width, distance between print job. User selectable job ticket information with preset capability, Supports the use of your own company logo
- Auto-Positioning Of Job Ticket & Color Control Strips - Depending upon available space, both the control strip and job ticket information will automatically be positioned below the actual print job. Industry Standard IDEAlliance ISO-12647-7 2009 Control Strips and Ugra/Fogra Media Wedges included
- Additional complete workflow designed with Photographers in mind - Quickly create contact sheets with automatic layout to minimize media usage. Customizable Multi-Image Templates Simplify Printing and Save Valuable Time
- Job Nesting & Visual Layout tools - Improve productivity and reduce media waste by nesting jobs together
- Supports Popular Photographic File Format - Multi-Layer Photoshop PSDs, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000, ImageEPS, and Image PDF. Camera setting information (Exposure, Aperture, GPS data, etc) can be included on Job Ticket
- Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology - A highly acclaimed, 8-color, pigment-based ink system, Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta has revolutionized the professional printing industry, redefining what's possible in color and black-and-white printing. A high-density form of magenta pigments that produce an enhanced color gamut with vibrant blues and violets. Professional print permanence ratings for truly sellable quality prints. High-gloss Microcrystal Encapsulation for an improved glossy finish. Instant color stability, immediately after printing, with no short-term color shifting
- 8-Channel MicroPiezo AMC Print Head With Ink-Repelling Coating - One inch wide, the print head delivers a maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi. It produces variable-sized ink droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to simultaneously optimize photographic quality and dramatically decrease print times. Proprietary Active Meniscus Control (AMC) technology precisely controls the curvature of every ink droplet within each nozzle before releasing it onto the media. A unique ink-repelling coating helps to prevent ink build-up around the nozzles, allowing for precise and accurate dot placement, and reduced maintenance.
- AccuPhoto HD2 Image Technology - Created from collaboration between Epson and the Rochester Institute of Technology's Munsell Color Science Laboratory, AccuPhoto HD2 combines a complex mathematical architecture with an advanced screening technology to provide outstanding image quality. AccuPhoto HD2 is specifically engineered to ensure precision placement of each individual ink droplet, resulting in smooth, grain-free images. Choosing from an extraordinary number of possible ink combinations for each color, this technology optimizes the ink use to maximize the color gamut and provide smooth color transitions and gradations. Reduction of the metameric index makes it possible to achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions.
- Epson PreciseColor Technology - Every Epson Stylus Pro 3880 meets the standards of Epson PreciseColor manufacturing. This rigorous process applies colorimetric calibration to ensure that individual printers of the same model produce prints that are virtually indistinguishable from one another.
- Three-level Black Ink Technology with Two Auto-sharing Black Ink Modes - Three-level Black technology simultaneously uses Black, Light Black and Light Light Black ink, resulting in richer blacks, an unsurpassed gray balance and stunning tonal range. Whether a panorama of fall foliage or a black-and-white portrait shot in subdued light, your print will duplicate exactly what you saw through the lens. The 3880 automatically switches between two different Black ink modes - Photo Black or Matte Black. This optimizes the Dmax (Black ink density) for various media types, so whether you're printing on traditional photographic media or unique, fine art paper, final print quality is dramatically improved.
- Automatic Print Head Alignment and Cleaning Technology - A built-in sensor automatically reads printed data for highly precise alignment of all color channels, both bi-directional and uni-directional, resulting in outstanding accuracy. In addition, the automatic print head cleaning mode analyzes a printed nozzle check pattern and automatically cleans the print head, if even a partially clogged nozzle is detected.
- High-capacity Ink System - Epson's pressurized ink cartridge technology enables reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the size of the ink cartridges themselves. Nine individual 80 ml ink cartridges ensure truly professional printing. On-the-fly ink cartridge replacement increases productivity
- Compact, 17-Inch Wide Printer - Even with its surprisingly small footprint, the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 offers a number of advantages. Its print engine technology takes full advantage of the latest in precision mechanical design, resulting in a significant reduction in overall printer size and weight. In fact, it's equal in size to many competitive 13-inch printers. Quiet operation that won't interfere with other activities in the studio - or the residence. Large, 2.5-inch, backlit LCD control panel for easy, direct printer control and status monitoring
- Professional Media Handling - The Epson Stylus Pro 3880 supports a full range of professional, photographic and fine art media, not only to meet your day-to-day requirements, but also to fuel and stimulate your creativity. Print on virtually any type of cut-sheet media from 4 x 6" up to 17 x 22". Top-loading, high-capacity paper feeder handles up to 120 sheets of plain, letter-sized paper or up to 20 sheets of photographic media. A second, top-loading, manual sheet feeder accommodates thick fine art paper up to 17 inches wide. A front-loading, straight-through, manual sheet feeder handles media up to 16 inches wide and poster board up to 1.5 mm thick
- Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode - This Epson exclusive represents the standard for producing sellable quality neutral and toned black-and-white prints. It lets you choose from one of four presets - neutral, warm, cool or sepia, or further fine-tune your image with custom controls and the color toning wheel. Then, once you've created your custom settings, they can be conveniently saved and reapplied to streamline your workflow.
Call us toll free at 1-800-321-4726 for customer service & ordering.
Price, images, specifications and descriptions of items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical or photographical errors.
Rebates & conditions, and expiration dates from manufacturers are subject to their authorization.