Canon's Speedlite 600EX-RT is engineered to provide a new level of performance and reliability for professional flash photography with today's most advanced DSLRs. With wireless two-way radio communication, the Speedlite 600 EX-RT allows photographers to expand their creativity using wireless speedlites with the reliability of radio triggering. The Speedlite 600EX-RT offers an expanded zoom range and a higher guide number, plus a number of improvements over its predecessor in both operation and feel. It features a new dot-matrix LCD panel for display of all pertinent shooting information, backlit controls plus an internal sound generator. Reliability is ensured with improved hot shoe contacts, improved flash head durability and the most comprehensive dust and water sealing system ever on a Canon Speedlite flash. A new color filter holder helps maintain accurate color in a variety of ambient light conditions.
- Wireless multiple flash system using radio wave communication for enhanced control of up to five groups of flashes - The Speedlite 600EX-RT represents the next generation in wireless flash systems. In addition to traditional optical wireless transmission, the Speedlite 600EX-RT facilitates radio controlled, two-way wireless transmission up to 98.4 feet, among up to 5 groups with a total of 15 individual Speedlites. Communicating on 2.4 GHz frequencies, the Speedlite 600EX-RT does not have the same directional limitations of traditional wireless optical transmitters. Where other wireless signals can be interrupted by physical obstacles, radio controlled systems excel. 15 transmission channels are available, selectable manually or automatically, and radio transmission IDs can be set to prevent misfiring in the event of signal interference on the same channel.
- Zoom flash head covers wide range of 20-200mm; maximum Guide Number (197 ft./60m at ISO 100) - For effective flash photography in more situations than previously possible with a Speedlite flash, the Speedlite 600EX-RT has an improved guide number of 197ft. (60m) at ISO 100. It offers 20mm to 200mm coverage, and when the extendable wide panel is pulled out, flash coverage moves as wide at 14mm. Plus, to maximize power and minimize energy consumption, the Speedlite 600EX-RT can be directed to zoom in accordance with the cameras image sensor size (full-frame, APS-H and APS-C).
- Redesigned contact construction, improved flash head durability, and exceptional dust and weather resistance for reliable operation - The Speedlite 600EX-RT is the most rugged, durable and reliable Speedlite in the Canon arsenal with construction on par with high-end Canon DSLRs. The flash head is more rugged and durable than its predecessor and a redesigned hot shoe contact ensures seamless communication. Dust and water resistance has been improved significantly as well: all moving parts and areas surrounding the flashes display and buttons are sealed for uninterrupted performance in harsh conditions. A new dust and water resistant adapter for the mounting foot creates a dust and water resistant seal between camera and flash.
- AF Assist Beam compatible with Canon's new 61-Point High Density Reticular AF - Working in conjunction with EOS SLR's, the Speedlite 600EX-RT automatically provides illumination using its built-in AF assist beam. This means more accurate AF, faster, even in dark or low contrast situations, with all lenses 28mm or longer. Compatible with the AF frame of all EOS cameras, the Speedlite 600EX-RT even works perfectly with the 61-Point High Density Reticular AF found in the EOS-1D X and the EOS 5D Mark III.
- Dot matrix LCD panel and backlit button provide easy visibility - A significant upgrade over previous flashes, the Speedlite 600EX-RT features an all-new dot matrix LCD panel (172 x 104 dots). This new LCD displays Flash status, wireless configuration and all flash settings with more detailed information in comparison to previous systems. With its new screen combined with backlit operation buttons, the Speedlite 600EX-RT is as easy to operate in the dark as in daylight.
- Color filter holder for attaching Canon and third-party color gelatin filters - To ensure consistent color in both the foreground and background of an image, the Speedlite 600EX-RT features a new color filter holder. By placing a color filter over the front of the flash head, the color temperature of the flash can be made to match that of the ambient light. Color information and light output decrease can be transmitted from the Speedlite 600EX-RT to the camera for proper white balance and exposure.
- 18 Custom Functions and 7 Personal Functions for creative flexibility - To accommodate any number of shooting styles, the Speedlite 600EX-RT has 18 custom functions for the ultimate in flexibility. Options include Flash exposure bracketing controls, modeling flash, test firing controls, AF assist control, power and energy saving features, beep and much, much more. Personal functions, like LCD panel illumination color and Master/Slave configurations are also easily set on the Speedlite 600EX-RT
- Full swivel, 180° in either direction - The Speedlite 600EX-RT's flash head is designed for easy bounce flash, in any direction. The head can be angled 90° up, 7° down and can rotate 180° left and right. A bounce lock with release button helps things stay in place. Additionally, when the flash head is positioned front and up 90°, the Speedlite 600EX-RT features a catch light panel to create catch light in the eyes of the subject for a more expressive look.
Compatible with all EOS cameras. E-TTL II with EOS-1D X Mark II, 1D X, EOS-1Ds Mark III, 1Ds Mark II, 1D Mark IV, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark II N, 1D Mark II, 5DS, 5DS R, 5D Mark IV, 5D Mark III, 6D, 5D Mark II, 5D, 7D Mark II, 7D, 80D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, Rebel T6s, Rebel T6i, Rebel T5i, Rebel T4i, Rebel SL1, Rebel T3i, Rebel T6, Rebel T5, Rebel T3, Rebel T2i, Rebel T1i, Rebel XSi, Rebel XS, ELAN 7NE, 7N, Rebel T2, EOS M3, EOS M. E-TTL w/ EOS-1v, 1Ds, 1D, 10D, D60, D30, Digital Rebel XTi, Digital Rebel XT, Digital Rebel, D2000, ELAN 7E, 7, IIE, II, Rebel Ti, K2, 2000, G, GII, IX, IX Lite.